- Garshom News
- Select Your City
Kuwait: As per the latest statistics (February 13, 2019), the number of Indian nationals legally residing in Kuwait has crossed the 10 lakh (One million). In addition, there are about 10,000 Indian nationals who have overstayed their visas and, therefore, are staying illegally in the country. Some highlights from the latest figures are:-
1. The Indian community in Kuwait continues to grow at 5-6% per annum. Indian community remains largest and the most preferred community in Kuwait, the second largest expatriate community being the Egyptians.
2. The gender ratio of Indians in Kuwait is highly skewed as there are about 7.5 lakh Indian males as against only 2.5 lakh Indian females in the country.
3. The majority of Indians (5.23 Lakh) are deployed in private sectors (i.e. construction workers, technicians, engineers, doctors, chartered accountants, IT experts, etc.). In addition, there are about 1.16 lakh dependents i.e. spouses/children. Out of these, there are about 60,000 Indian students studying in 23 Indian schools in the country.
4. Out of 10 lakh Indians, 3.27 lakh are domestic workers (i.e. drivers, gardeners, cleaners, nannies, cooks and housemaids). They are not allowed to bring their spouses/children into the country.
5. There are about 28,000 Indians working for the Kuwaiti Government in various jobs like nurses, engineers in National Oil Companies and a few as scientists.
Above Information from Indian Embassy official website: https://indembkwt.gov.in/index.php
Registration for Indian Nationals in Kuwait visit https://indembkwt.gov.in/online-registration-for-indian-kuwait.php#
പ്രവാസികൾക്കും അവരുമായി ബന്ധപ്പെടുന്നവർക്കും ഉപകാരപ്രദമായേക്കാവുന്ന വാർത്തകളാണ് ഗർഷോം ഓൺലൈനിലൂടെ പ്രസിദ്ധീകരിക്കുന്നത്. വാർത്തകളുമായി ബന്ധമില്ലാത്ത കമെന്റുകൾ ഇവിടെ ഉൾപ്പെടുത്തുവാൻ കഴിയില്ല. വായനക്കാർ ദയവായി സഹകരിക്കുക.